POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Suggestion: particles : Re: Suggestion: particles Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestion: particles
From: Pabs
Date: 19 Oct 2000 23:23:35
Message: <39EFBB8D.F37E196B@hotmail.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> > or perhaps the spline thing could do this?
> I don't understand what you have in mind...could you explain more?

I'm not really sure myself.
but perhaps as well as emmitters you could have volumes (defined by
different objects) where particles appear randomly with a spline
specifying the amount of particles created at each timestep.  Also you
could integrate a probabilty pattern into this -
while nump <= maxp
    1 Generate a random position inside the volume = pos
    2 Find the probability that a particle will be created at pos (from
the pattern) = p
    3 If a random number (0...1) <= p then create the particle
    4 If the user wants to have maxp particles & not less do nump++ only
when particles are created
end
--
Bye